Friday 29 September 2017

Work Experience @ VTR North



Over summer I had the delightful opportunity of working at VTR North.

For a month I worked part-time as a receptionist and runner, really getting to know that industry environment, it was a great eye-opener and have taken many valuable skills from it, aiding in my own professional practice.

I even had the chance to get involved a little in the structuring process for an animation, being involved in a meeting for a live client brief, which was yet again another eye-opener.. The process of engaging with the client was brilliant to observe and how many times things change till the final resolution of the client being happy.

I really enjoyed meeting clients, making them brews and talking to the animation/film freelancers about their experience as a freelancer within the industry, which was yet again extremely valuable to learn.

I also checked in on the animation department where they are currently working on an animated short, it was great seeing their industry workflow, looking at what they are producing and knowing their backgrounds and how they got there.

I feel I have come out of this as a more confident individual, approaching clients, talking to Chris Kamara, answering client calls, its been great fun and really hope to work there again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment