Tuesday 18 October 2016

Game Creation - Finished!



Seen as my game can't be played on my blog, here is a video of it working and being played. My game is by no means perfect what so ever, there are a few bugs and glitches but I am very happy with how it plays.

My partner that I teamed up with for the Unity side also encountered a lot of troubles with getting the collisions and gravity to behave, so the process took a lot longer than expected and has therefore given me a great insight into the process, and the length of the process. In hindsight, a lot more time needed dedicating to the Unity process, I spent far too long focussing on Game assets and character rigging, but I have learnt now.

Overall this process has not run smoothly, I have hit many issues and problems, some of which I have failed to fix independently looking at tutorials. For the project I am working on now, I now (hopefully) have that tutor guidance when I reach a barrier that I can't get over. Many of these were within both Maya and Unity, especially with the rigging process.

I have learnt so much about the Maya rigging process, some vital skills I will carry forward in my new project which I am very excited about.

The visual aesthetic is very simple but I feel it works very effective with the simplicity of the whole game. I love how I have also achieved a visual representation of Boris Johnson, he physically resembles him in a caricature manner which I love. His animation sequences also convey elements of his persona. He jumps slow, adding the illusion that he is very weighty, along with the effort he seems to possess to run.


No comments:

Post a Comment