Thursday 21 January 2016

Expired Autumn


What stood out to me the most with this animation was its sheer beauty, the fantastical storybook style element is beautiful , with some shot compositions looking like they would make perfect pages in a child's story book. 

However I feel the narrative element didn't live up to my expectations. For an animation so beautiful I would love to of seen a greater narrative development. I feel the dogs were not needed in the narrative of the animation, with the title I was expecting that when they met, when they touched and collided, autumn and spring would have been made. Which is a beautiful concept which unfortunately never happened. A beautiful and magical concept that would of complemented the organic, fantastical fragility of the aesthetic.




You can look forever at these stills finding out new things in the aesthetic. Everything from the repetition of little tiny dots, dust particles, layers and layers of foliage and branches. 

My favourite shot composition has to be;


The environment envelopes the character in a circle, which is beautiful and I feel resembles very much the logo of Animals of Farthing Wood;


Another animation which has the strong motif of the beauty of the natural environment running through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment