Saturday 3 September 2016

Summer Blogs - VR

This summer I invested in a Vive headset, which I have been so enthralled in.

Im beginning to question of much of this summer I have spent living virtually...

My favourite game is Google Tilt Brush, the whole concept of bringing your drawings to life is amazing to me, and with that, being able to walk around and explore them. When you are immersed in your drawings, you get a whole new wave of emotions never felt before when looking at a 2D canvas.

The Vive has allowed my imagination to run wild with no limits, and I can't wait to be immersed in more new releases of games in the future. (As the list is sadly low at the minute)

With my Vive I was also able to explore the setting I made previously;











It was great fun and it made me also spot faults, previously unseen on a 14inch screen, by going INTO your creations you can see so much and observe what could possibly be in need of change.

When I was sat on my bridge, looking down, I got a sudden feeling of vertigo. Its weird, because even though you KNOW its not real, none of what you are looking is actually in the real world its all virtual, you still think it is? You can try so hard to convince yourself but your brain keeps saying its real... An example of this was when I accidentally moved my scene whilst in the Vive and the ground went plummeting from beneath my feet, my stomach went and It felt as if I had actually just experienced some theme park ride.

This aspect of immersion has given me some great inspiration to what emotions you can trigger from people with certain environments. I have always enjoyed involving people emotionally with my work, and with Virtual Reality there is another depth to this because people actually believe what they are seeing is real...






No comments:

Post a Comment